Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) Training Program
Catholic Charities’ Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) training program provides an introductory learning experience in substance abuse counseling, promoting professional development and growth.
The Delaware Certification Board approves the program offered by Catholic Charities as a training center where certification and re-certification credits can be earned.
HOW WE HELP
The 48-credit, 16-week course is designed to provide a comprehensive foundation in all domains of addiction treatment as well as the opportunity for students to meet and network with other professionals. Most classes have approximately 15 students, offering both the opportunity for individual time with the instructor and a dynamic group experience.
Each 16-week session presents instruction on topics designed to assist counselors in pre-treatment, treatment, and aftercare to improve outcomes and foster long-term, quality recovery for clients. The course addresses the challenges faced in all treatment settings: outpatient, intensive outpatient, inpatient, and case management.
Class topics include:
- The Disease of Addiction with Overview of Treatment Models
- The Assessment Process including Screening, Intake and Orientation
- Assessing and Treating Co-Existing Disorders
- Treatment Planning
- Cultural Competency and Counseling
- Individual Counseling- Motivational Approach
- Group Counseling
- Exploring the Dynamics of Addiction in Families
- Relapse Prevention Counseling
- Case Management and Documentation
- Role of 12 Step Fellowships in Recovery
- Crisis Intervention and Documentation
- Defense Mechanisms and Resistance in Addiction Treatment
- Code of Ethics
- Supervision, Consultation and Professional Development
Click here to see the upcoming CADC class schedule.
Click here for more program information or call Catholic Charities at 302-655-9624.
Click here for the registration form for classes. Complete and return to Catholic Charities.
Click here to send an email to request more information.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Click here to donate to CADC training using a credit card. Your donation can help provide scholarship funds for a student who may not be able to afford training. You may also send a check to Catholic Charities, 2601 W 4th Street, Wilmington, DE 19805, and designate CADC training on the check.
Click here to join our newsletter mailing list to keep in touch with all of Catholic Charities programs.