Routine Outpatient Services
Catholic Charities provides routine outpatient counseling to individuals with emotional, behavioral, and mental health concerns.
Outpatient counseling can benefit:
- Persons who are depressed, have anxiety, or other mental health conditions. Clients have the option of seeing a psychiatrist as well as a counselor, if medication may be helpful.
- Individuals in recovery from substance abuse. Counseling supports a client’s abstinence, helps him/her avoid relapse, and makes it easier for a client to deal with underlying issues that were “medicated” by addiction.
- Couples going through stress in their relationship who need to improve communication skills.
- Families whose children are experiencing behavioral challenges.
- Individuals who have a sudden change in their life, such as job loss, death of a loved one, or a physical injury.
- Anyone who can benefit from talk therapy.
HOW WE HELP
Your first step to receiving help is to call for an appointment. You will meet with an intake coordinator to complete the necessary paperwork and schedule your first appointment with a licensed therapist. We accept clients into treatment as quickly as possible, assigning you to a therapist within 2-3 days (given availability). If you require a psychiatric evaluation, your therapist will refer you to our staff psychiatrist. Psychiatric services are only offered with therapeutic services, and will not be scheduled until a thorough assessment has been completed by your therapist.
To make an appointment for counseling services, or for more information about our program, call the Catholic Charities’ location nearest to you.
Main Office – New Castle County Office
2601 W 4th Street
Wilmington, DE 19805
Kent County Office
2099 S DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
Sussex County Office
404 S Bedford Street, Suite 9
Georgetown, DE 19947
Eastern Shore Office/Seton Center
30632 Hampden Avenue
PO Box 401
Princess Anne, MD 21853
Click here to send an email for more information.
Click here to download and print an intake form to complete for your first appointment.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Click here to donate to Behavioral Health Services using a credit card to support our sliding fee scale. You may also send a check to Catholic Charities, 2601 W 4th Street, Wilmington, DE 19805, and designate Behavioral Health Services on the check.
Click here to join our newsletter mailing list to keep in touch with all of Catholic Charities programs.