Thrift Services & Thrift Centers
Visit Catholic Charities Thrift Centers for a wide variety of gently-used or new clothing, shoes, and accessories for children, teens and adults. You may ﬁnd your next favorite gently-used furniture item, appliance, or household goods you have been needing!
In addition, the Thrift Centers act as links to information, and offers referrals to community programs. We are open to the public and have affordable prices.
Donations are tax-deductible.
HOW WE HELP
Our Thrift Centers provide the following:
- Gently-used or new clothing, furniture, and other household items at aﬀordable prices.
- Access to our Basic Needs program for assistance and case management support.
- For those in a crisis, we coordinate a voucher system with our Basic Needs Vouchers provide eligible clients the clothing and/or furniture at an even deeper discount or free.
- Information about and referrals to additional Catholic Charities programs and other community services.
- Application services for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) from October–March.
Locations & Hours:
1320 E 23rd Street • Mon-Fri 9am-3:30pm
Eastern Shore MD
Seton Center • 30632 Hampden Ave, Princess Anne • Tues & Thurs 11am-2pm
Click here to send an email for more information.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Make a donation! Drop off your gently-used items at any of our locations.
- Organize a Donation Drive – ask your family members, neighbors, church friends, or civic groups to donate their gently-used items. Call 302-655-9624 for more information.
SCHEDULE A PICK UP
You have items to donate! Great! We make it easy, please call 302-764-2717 and schedule a pick-up. Please have large items, (furniture, appliances, etc.) located on the ground ﬂoor the day of pick-up. Availability is limited. We schedule pickups Tuesday through Thursday and every other Monday.
Click here to view our pick-up schedule.
Note: All donated items must be in very good condition, clean, freshly washed and ready to sell.
- Household essentials like dishes, pots, pans, blankets, sheets, and towels, etc. Furniture must be clean, have all parts, and are ready to be used.
- Large appliances, such as washers, dryers, freezers, refrigerators, televisions, and small appliances that are clean, in good working order, have all parts, and are ready to be used.
- Used or new mattresses, box springs, and pillows. Must be clean and in good repair. We are certiﬁed by the State of Delaware to sanitize these goods for resale or re-distribution.
- Lawnmowers, hand and power tools that are in good working order.
- Vehicles – please see link below for additional donation information.
We may refuse to accept donated items that are deemed unsellable. We will not wash, mend, or repair items. Please check your items closely before dropping oﬀ at our donation centers. Items not ﬁt for sale must be discarded at Catholic Charities expense.
Click here for the Catholic Charities Diocese of Wilmington Vehicle Donation Program.
Click here to make a monetary donation to the Thrift Center online with a credit card. Your donations go towards supporting our Basic Needs Voucher Program. If you prefer, you can mail a check to: Catholic Charities, 2601 W 4th Street, Wilmington, DE 19805. Designate Thrift Center on the memo line.
God bless you for your generous contributions to the Catholic Charities Outreach Programs.