Marydale Retirement Village
HOUSING FOR SENIORS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Marydale Retirement Village, located in Newark, Delaware, provides 108 one-bedroom rental apartments for seniors who qualify as low-income.
HOW WE HELP
Marydale residents live independently and enjoy the companionship of peers in a unique, garden-style community. Apartments rent for 30% of a resident’s adjusted gross income. A variable allowance for electric expense is also included.
All applicants are interviewed and must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant income must fall below the Federal government’s definition of very low and extremely low income levels (adjusted periodically)
- Demonstrated ability to pay rent
- History as a good resident or neighbor
- Good housekeeping habits
Each apartment includes:
- Range/ oven
- Central Air Conditioning
- Front or side porch
- Personal Emergency Call System
- Smoke/ Fire Warning System
- Safety Bars in Bath Area
- Washer and Dryer Hooks Ups
Features of the community include:
- Resident Parking Area
- Structural and Grounds Maintenance
- Community Center for Activities
- Availability of local transportation
- Smoke Free Environment
Click here to download the Marydale Application package.
Click here to download Acrobat Reader for mobile app.
For more information, please contact Marydale Retirement Village:
135 Jeandell Drive
Newark, DE 19713
Click here to send an email for more information.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Marydale Retirement Village welcomes volunteers of all ages to assist in its programs. Call 302-368-2784 to see what opportunities are available. Volunteers must apply and be interviewed.
Click here to donate to Marydale Retirement Village using a credit card. You may also send a check to Catholic Charities, 2601 W 4th Street, Wilmington, DE 19805. Please designate Marydale Retirement Village on the memo line of the check.
Click here to sign up for our monthly E-newsletters!