Bayard House is the only licensed residential program in Delaware providing direct client care service twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to at-risk, homeless, pregnant and/or newly parenting adolescents, young women, and their babies. The Bayard House program helps young women become nurturing parents and self-sufficient, contributing members of society.
HOW WE HELP
Residential Maternity Care
Bayard House serves up to 14 individuals at any given time in a home-like environment.
Bayard House provides:
- Secure housing, nutritious meals, and emotional support during pregnancy
- Individualized case management services
- Access to pre-natal healthcare, birthing classes, and counseling
- Parenting and independent-living workshops
- Information and referral services
Catholic Charities Diaper Bank provides diaper distributions to families in need with children ages 3 and under.
Click here for more information on the Diaper Bank.
Catholic Charities Diaper Bank is an affiliate of the National Diaper Bank Network.
Catholic Charities offers pregnancy counseling to support the expecting parent to carry her child with dignity while making well-though-out decisions for her and her baby.
Catholic Charities Pregnancy Counseling services are free and confidential to the expecting parent, the birth father, and other members of the families as needed:
- Pregnancy counseling
- Parenting counseling
- Medical referrals
- Other assistance as needed
To get help, or to get more information about any of the Bayard House programs, contact Bayard House at 302-654-1184.
Click here for more information about this program.
Click here for a list of documents and intake form to complete for your first appointment.
Click here to send an email for more information.
For 24-hour pregnancy counseling, please call our toll-free hotline 877-225-7870.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Hold a baby food or baby clothing drive.
- Hold a “Baby Shower.” Ask your family, friends, neighbors, or civic group to bring baby items to donate for new moms.
- Host a diaper drive to collect disposable diapers and pull-ups in all sizes.
- Volunteer. Become a mentor to a mom-to-be or new mom at Bayard House. Call the program manager at 302-654-1184 for more details.
Click here to donate to Bayard House using a credit card. You may also send a check to: Catholic Charities, 2601 W 4th Street, Wilm., DE 19805 and designate for Bayard House.
Click here to join our newsletter mailing list to keep in touch with all of Catholic Charities programs.