Casa San Francisco
Casa San Francisco, located in Milton, Delaware, provides a wide range of services aimed at helping low-income residents of Sussex County.
HOW WE HELP
We provide housing and three daily meals for up to 12 adults for a maximum of 30 days. A case manager works with each resident to obtain income and locate affordable housing opportunities. We also help with medications, laundry, clothing, and transportation.
If you are in need of shelter, call the Delaware Helpline at 211.
The Food Cooperative helps families and individuals stretch their limited incomes by providing a supplemental bag of groceries, nutrition and budgeting information once every month. With the help of the Food Bank of Delaware, club members receive nutritious, meal-ready products for a fraction of retail value.
Currently, distribution sites are located in Milton, Georgetown, Lewes, Slaughter Neck, Long Neck, Bridgeville, Roxanna, Dover and Princess Anne.
Click here for a list of documents and application to complete for your first food assistance appointment.
Click here to download Acrobat Reader for mobile app.
Emergency Food Pantry
Staffed by volunteers and stocked with donated food and USDA commodities, the pantry provides three to four days of food for persons who are in crisis and cannot buy food. Persons can pick up food bags at Casa from 9am-6pm on weekdays, and from 9am-4pm on the weekends. For more information, please contact Casa San Francisco at 302-684-8694.
Click here to send an email for more information.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Volunteer. Call Casa to see what current opportunities are available. Volunteers must apply and be interviewed prior to beginning work.
- Donate your gently used items. Clothing, household goods, appliances and furniture are always needed to help establish a program graduate in their new home. Items must be clean and in working order, please.
- Organize a food drive. Ask your family, neighbors, church, or civic group to donate nonperishable and shelf-stable food items.
Suggested items for food drives include:
- Canned goods like spaghetti, tuna, salmon, beef stew, corned beef hash, beans, soups, vegetables and fruit
- Boxes of pasta, macaroni and cheese, crackers, cereal, oatmeal, and pancake mix
- Jars of peanut butter and jelly
- Juice, coffee, tea, hot cocoa mix, instant breakfasts
- Shelf-stable milk – either dry or evaporated
- Condiments like spreads, ketchup, mustard, relish, barbecue sauce, pickles and syrup
- Casa can also accept donations of produce and other perishables like frozen meat.
Please call ahead to make arrangements if you plan to donate perishable items.
Click here to donate to Casa San Francisco using a credit card. You may also send a check to Catholic Charities, 2601 W 4th Street, Wilmington, DE 19805, and designate Casa San Francisco on the check memo line.
Click here to join our newsletter mailing list to keep in touch with all of Catholic Charities programs.