Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) Workshop Series
The Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) Workshop Series offered in partnership by Catholic Charities and Delaware Health and Social Sevices Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (DSAMH) provides an introductory learning experience in substance abuse counseling, promoting professional development and growth.
HOW WE HELP
The 48-credit, 16-week course is designed to provide a comprehensive foundation in all domains of addiction treatment as well as the opportunity for students to meet and network with other professionals. Most classes have approximately 15 students, offering both the opportunity for individual time with the instructor and a dynamic group experience.
Each 16-week session presents instruction on topics designed to assist counselors in pre-treatment, treatment, and aftercare to improve outcomes and foster long-term, quality recovery for clients. The course addresses the challenges faced in all treatment settings: outpatient, intensive outpatient, inpatient, and case management.
Class topics include:
- The Disease of Addiction with Overview of Treatment Models
- The Assessment Process including Screening, Intake and Orientation
- Assessing and Treating Co-Existing Disorders
- Treatment Planning
- Cultural Competency and Counseling
- Individual Counseling- Motivational Approach
- Group Counseling
- Exploring the Dynamics of Addiction in Families
- Relapse Prevention Counseling
- Case Management and Documentation
- Role of 12 Step Fellowships in Recovery
- Crisis Intervention and Documentation
- Defense Mechanisms and Resistance in Addiction Treatment
- Code of Ethics
- Supervision, Consultation and Professional Development
Click here to visit the DSAMH website to register and learn more about the program or call DSAMH at 302-255-9480.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Click here to donate to Behavioral Health Services using a credit card to support our sliding fee scale. You may also send a check to Catholic Charities, 2601 W 4th Street, Wilmington, DE 19805, and designate Behavioral Health Services on the check.
Click here to join our newsletter mailing list to keep in touch with all of Catholic Charities programs.